1985 BMW / Alpina C1/1 – 2.3. This is an unusual early E30 Alpina sedan with 5-speed manual transmission. In the early to mid-1980’s, Alpina both manufactured C1 in-house as well as offering a C1 kit to authorized build facilities. WBAAD310901422655 started life as a well-optioned M20 powered 6-cylinder 320i – sold new in Germany. The Alpina C1 2.3/1 parts include a build-plate in the engine compartment appears which appears to have originated with a different chassis (white 323 coupe WBAAA810007542671).
Japanese Alpina concessionaire Nicole is reported to have commissioned Alpina at Sytner in the UK to build second-hand cars into Alpina to supply the grey-market in Japan. And the C2 sedan parts would have been available when this car was built. This car was imported into Japan and first registered in 1988 as BMW Alpina C1 2.3/1.
OVERVIEW | WBAAD310901422655
- Left factory as black / 2.0 liter 6-cyl / sport seats / M Suspension – June 1985 (see options)
- Grey-market car into Japan
- Built as an Alpina C1 2.3/1
- First registered in Japan in 1988 – as BMW Alpina C1 2.3/1
- Alpina interior badge:
- BMW/Alpina Typ C1/1-2.3 #199
- Alpina engine-compartment badge:
- BMW/Alpina Typ C1/1-2.3 JAPAN
- Fahrgest Nr. 7542671
- Correct Alpina 16″ wheels incl. spare
- Correct HD suspension
- Correct tubular header
- Engine – M20 2.3 / 2.5
- LSD differential w/finned cover
- Correct Alpina spoilers Front & Rear
- Correct Alpina instrument cluster
- Correct Alpina steering wheel
- BMW Recaro seats with correct Alpina fabric
- Spare new_old_stock stripe kit – in the box
Interior is in very good shape – nice Recaro seats with distinctive Alpina fabric; uncracked dash; good door panels, etc.
Exterior looks very good – nice paint and Alpina stripes have aged well. Alpina front and rear spoiler are in good condition.
Engine / Drivetrain – runs very well and sounds incredible. Transmission and clutch feel great. Limited slip rear differential. Nice suspension and steering.
Issues – front tires and brakes will be scheduled in shortly. Isolated rust around L/R taillight and sunroof panel. Some Japanese-wiring needs cleanup – stereo / card readers / etc.
Hope that helps the buyer understand what we’re offering here. It’s more than a tribute car and less than a documented factory-built Bucloe car. Very cool and well priced.
||!! CHECK HISTORY !!
||E30 (3 Series)
||Left Hand Drive
||0kw / 0hp
Editions and packages
||M Sports suspension
Comfort and interior equipment
||Slidetilt sunroof manual
||Warning triangle and first aid kit
Driver assistance and lightning
||Headlight aim control
||Reinforced power supply
Wheels and drive
||Power steering rpmsensitive
||BMW LA wheel BMW Styling
Environment and safety
||Central locking with antitheft system
||Deleted model lettering
||Therm insulat glass green