2003 Volkswagen Passat W8 4Motion wagon 6-speed (!)
1-owner NW car with 156k miles. This B5.5 Passat combines the naturally aspirated 4.0 liter W8 engine with a 6-speed manual transmission and 4Motion AWD drive-train.
Looks good and drives great. Engine / transmission / clutch / brakes / steering feel like they should. Interior is clean and overall looks very very nice for the age and miles.
Maintenance Engine / $2500 in maintenance January, 2022.
– both ECT sensors
– intake manifold gasket
– vacuum lines
– coolant flush and bleed
Flaws – noted by VW tech inspection & scan of systems:
– passenger side paintwork – replacement RF fender / LR fender repaired
– passenger mirror does not fold
– passenger seat-heat inoperable
– driver seat-back bolster wear
– glove-box does not illuminate
– ding in front of left-rear wheel
– wheels have curb-rash
– one fog-light out
– self-leveling lights may not work properly
– some door handles report low-voltage
– no plastic under-engine belly-pan
According to the R&T article below, only ~97 W8 wagons sold in the USA were equipped with 6-speed manual transmission.